Scholarships available for Louisiana students!
The Armature Scholarship Fund is pleased to announce that it will offer scholarships of up to $15,000 per year for students of color and/or LGBTQIA students. To qualify, you must (1) identify as a person of color and/or LGBTQIA and (2) be a Louisiana resident. Undocumented students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to applicants pursuing education in the arts (including but not limited to visual arts, theater arts, music, culinary arts, dance, literature/poetry, design/fashion, arts administration, film, and animation), but all applicants are welcome. You do not need to be going to school in Louisiana to receive the scholarship.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59pm CDT on Wednesday, July 31, 2019:
- Name: Your legal first and last name + what you would like us to call you + your pronouns.
- Contact Info: At least one way to get in touch (email, mailing address, or phone number). We'd prefer all three if you have them!
- Request Amount (Up to $15,000 available)
- Proof of Louisiana Residency: A lease, mortgage, utility bills, voting registration, student ID, driver’s license or another document.
- Statement of Financial Need: FAFSA, tax returns, paystub(s), or even a monthly budget with your income and expenses.
- Acceptance Letter to an Educational Institution: This can be a vocational school, junior college, college, or university.
- A short, one page written statement (handwritten is ok!) about your aspirations and how this scholarship will help you achieve them.
- A short video (three minutes or less) that shows us what motivates you and what shapes you. The video should show you engaging in what you love and aspire towards with the scholarship.
Recommended, but not required:
- A Community Reference Letter: Like a recommendation letter, but it doesn’t need to be from a teacher. It could be a mentor, a boss, or any member of the community that knows you and can tell us why you’re great.
If you think there is any chance you qualify, but you have questions about the application materials, email us! Do you need help setting up an email account or finding a way to take a short video? Call us! We want to help! You can reach us via email at email@example.com or via phone/text at (504) 264-2058.