Armature Scholarship Application 2023-24
Foundation for Louisiana requests applications from prospective and current college students for the Armature Scholarship Fund. The Armature Scholarship Fund is a scholarship program that supports LGBTQIA+ students and students of color who reside in Louisiana and are pursuing higher education in the arts during the 2023-24 academic year.
To qualify for the Armature Scholarship, students must be:
- A Louisiana resident for at least four years*
- Black, Indigenous, or a person of color and/or LGBTQIA+ identifying
- Pursuing education in the arts, such as, but not limited to: visual arts, photography, videography, film, graphic design, animation, set design, theater, literature, culinary arts, music, media/ recording/ sound, cosmetology, or fashion
- Planning to attend or currently enrolled in a higher education program during the 2023-24 academic year**
*Undocumented students are encouraged to apply.
**The institution of higher education can be located anywhere in the United States.
Before Starting the Application You Will Need:
- Proof of four years of Louisiana residency, such as: a lease, mortgage, utility bills, voter or vehicle registration, student ID, driver's license, recent high school or GED transcript, evidence of Louisiana employment, or other documentation. Submitting documentation not listed here that can demonstrate four years of Louisiana residency is welcome if other documents are not available.
- Statement of financial need, such as: FAFSA, tax returns, paystubs, monthly budget or banking transactions showing income and expenses (please do not share account, routing, or card numbers), receipt of public assistance benefits, Pell Grant award, student loans, or other relevant documentation.
- (Optional) A reference letter or video from a teacher, professor, mentor, colleague/ employer, or any member of the community who can speak to why you're a great candidate for this scholarship. You can submit a reference letter you have used for other applications if the context works for the Armature Scholarship. There is also an option to include your reference's email address and we will contact them on your behalf to request the letter.
- May 11, 2023 - Application Opens
- May 26, 2023 - Informational webinar (register here)
- June 30, 2023 - Application Deadline
- July and August 2023 - Notification of Selection or Declination
Accessibility and Technical Assistance
Applicants who need assistance submitting materials or have general questions about the application and eligibility can email Foundation for Louisiana's Strategic Projects Manager, Caryn Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to Application
Have questions about the application process? Attend our webinar for potential applicants Friday, May 27 at noon.