Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Committee
To advise Foundation for Louisiana staff on the implementation of TRHT program activities, particularly grantmaking, and ensure community voice and community decision making are centered in FFL’s TRHT program.
Foundation for Louisiana aims to recruit and onboard 12 Advisory Committee members from Baton Rouge and New Orleans to serve as a vital mechanism for amplifying community voices, increasing representation, and democratizing philanthropy, ultimately leading to more equitable and effective racial justice initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate Would Embody Several of the Following Values & Characteristics
- Racial Justice - Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and justice practices broadly
- Collaboration - A passion for cross-cultural, multiracial, and multigenerational collaboration
- Values Alignment - Commitment to FFL’s values of integrity, community wisdom, courage, and commitment
- Relevant professional and/or lived experience – Experience working in formal or informal community development, nonprofit, for-profit, and governmental sectors is welcomed. We hope to have cross-sectoral representation on the committee .
FFL aims to prioritize the inclusivity and representation of South East Louisiana's diverse population in Orleans Parish and East Baton Rouge. We are particularly committed to uplifting individuals who belong to the global majority, LGBTQIA+ community, immigrant communities, artists, musicians, and culture bearers all ranging from young adults aged 18 to 25 to community elders. Furthermore, we value the involvement of healing practitioners, grassroots organizers, individuals reintegrating into society after prison, those with disabilities, and community elders. We strongly encourage individuals from these backgrounds to apply and engage with FFL.
Roles & Expectations
- Advise FFL staff with ongoing TRHT program visioning, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Be a liaison and advocate for TRHT, gather input from invested partners, and provide feedback to FFL staff
- Provide guidance in grantmaking decisions, including participating in grant review panels as a grant reviewer, and provide thought partnership on continuous improvement of grantmaking processes
- Attend at least 75% of quarterly meetings in each term
- Meeting attendance: The TRHT advisory committee will meet four times per year (once per quarter). These meetings are generally two hours long. At least two of these meetings will be in person, one in New Orleans and one in Baton Rouge. Advisory committee standing meetings will be held in the following months:
- September 2023
- December 2023
- March 2024
- June 2024
Specific dates will be determined after the committee has been seated. Additional ad hoc meetings may be scheduled as needed (not to exceed five hours per quarter).
- Terms: Advisory council members are asked to commit to either a one or two year term. Depending on the evolution of the program and the committee, committee members may be eligible to renew one year terms for a second year. Terms dates are as follows:
- August 1, 2023 – July 31, 2024
- August 1, 2023 – July 31, 2025
Support & Resources
- Stipends: TRHT advisory committee members will receive a stipend of $100/hour after confirmed attendance at pre-scheduled quarterly meetings as well as any additional ad hoc meetings
- Travel costs: Mileage reimbursement will be available for in-person meetings
- Childcare: Childcare services will be provided during meetings when three or more members who are caregivers are in need of services
- June 30 - Applications Open
- July 12 - New Orleans Informational TRHT Coffee Chat: Dream House Lounge - 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM 401 Baronne St Suite 101 New Orleans, LA 70112
- July 13 - Baton Rouge Informational TRHT Coffee Chat: Highland Coffees – 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM3350 Highland Road Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- July 16 - Applications close at 11:59 PM
- July 17 - 21 - Application Review Period
- July 28 - Final Advisory Committee Selection
- July 31 - Invitations Extended to Selected Applicants
- Month of August - New Committees participate in onboarding. Specific dates to be determined